Translate

Sister Morphine - Marianne Faithful




Here I lie in my hospital bed,
Tell me, Sister Morphine, when are you coming round again.
Oh, I don't think I can wait that long,
Oh, you see I'm not that strong.

The scream of the ambulance is
sounding in my ears.
Tell me, Sister Morphine, how long have I been lying here ?
What am I doing in this place ?
Why does the doctor have no face ?

Oh, I can't crawl across the floor.
Can't you see, Sister Morphine, I'm just trying to score.

Well, it just goes to show things are not what they seem.
Please, Sister Morphine, turn my nightmare into dreams.
Oh, can't you see I'm fading fast
And that this shot will be my last.

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool hands on my head.
Hey, Sister Morphine, you'd better make up my bed
For you know and I know in the morning I'll be dead,
And you can sit around and you can watch
The clean white sheets stain red.



Esta música apesar de ter uma letra forte e... porrada mesmo, me faz viajar. Simplesmente gosto de ouví-la repetidamente, algumas vezes. A gravação dos Rolling Stones é bem bacana - digo isso mesmo não gostando muito dos caras. Mas é a interpretação de Marianne Faithful, a primeira a gravar a música, que me agrada mais, por isso a escolhi para este post.



Um comentário:

Vєrôηicα disse...

oie


tem um selinho lá no meu Blog que vem com uma tarefa pra ganha um presente, espero que vc goste...
beijos